Sunday, April 10, 2011

Term Paper Ideas

I had a really hard time making the connections between Myth and Shakespeare this semester either out of ignorance on the subject or the astounding density of my skull, and I can see how this will continue to be a problem when I become a teacher and try to cover Shakespeare. I need to figure out how to make these myths related to Shakespeare relevant enough to hold the attention of my students while helping them make their own connections between the texts. good luck.

Why do kids hate Shakespeare? Is it the unfamiliar language or an inability to find the parallels to modern life that are only visible if you are familiar with the myths he is alluding to? What do need to know about mythology to get something out of Shakespeare? How do you teach these things alongside the plays?

My intention is to mold these questions into some kind of term paper that is not just about teaching but finds a balance between an inquiry in the best methods of how to teach Shakespeare and a discussion on what I have learned about mythology this semester that I will use when teaching Shakespeare.   

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment